2024 i48 February Challenge Screenplay Submission
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
i48 is looking for short screenplays to be produced as a part of the i48 February Collaboration Project. If you are a screenwriter with an idea for a great short film that can be shot in the Treasure Valley during February 2024 we want to see your script! If your script is selected for production, you will receive $25 from i48 for the right to shoot your movie.
- Screenplays must be no more than ten (10) pages long. The finished completed films can be no more than ten (10) minutes long, so keep that in mind as to the length of your screenplay.
- Screenplays must be “PG-13, “PG” or “G” rated, so can contain limited profanity, gore and violence but no nudity.
- Screenplays must have at least four (4) characters with at least one (1) line of dialogue each. Characters can be of any age or gender. You can leave characters gender neutral (encouraged).
- Screenplays can be of any genre.
- The films must be set in the Treasure Valley of Idaho. It is not required, but highly recommended, that the films be set in the present day.
- Screenplays must be set in winter as the films will shot between 2/16/24 and 3/3/24.
The first page of the screenplay must be a cover page that has only the title of the film, with no screenwriter or other identifying information listed. This allows us to “blind submit” your scripts to the Producer/Director teams for consideration.
- You may submit up to two (2) screenplays.
- DEADLINE IS 11:59PM on 1/6/24
- Submit your finished screenplay(s) with cover page online at idaho48.org
- All received screenplays that comply with the specifications will be “blind submitted” to the Producer/Director teams for their consideration.
- The Producer/Director teams will select a screenplay from those submitted.
- If your screenplay is selected for production, you will receive $25 from i48 to use your screenplay.
- Once your screenplay is selected, your name and contact information will be provided to the Producer/Director team so they can contact you and involve you in the production process.
SOMETHING TO CONSIDER AS YOU WRITE YOUR SCREENPLAY
The films will be shot by Idaho filmmakers, using Idaho talent in locations within the Treasure Valley within a three (3) week time frame in February 2024. The teams will have no budget except whatever the filmmaking team is willing to pay from their own pockets. Please keep this in mind as you write your screenplay. If you write a story that requires a cast of hundreds with lavish production needs, your screenplay will not likely be selected. i48 doesn’t want to stifle your creativity but suggests that “smaller” contemporary stories, set in a few easily obtainable locations that don’t require elaborate action sequences or complicated special effects will have the greatest chance of being selected for production.
All selected screenplays will be submitted to a separate judging panel to determine a “Best Screenplay” Award based on the scripts alone (not the finished movie). The selected winner will receive a $100 cash prize and commemorative trophy.
The screenwriters for all selected screenplays shall receive two (2) free tickets to the public screening of the completed films at The Flicks in downtown Boise on Saturday, 4/6/24.